Friday, August 17, 2007

Mmm. Rick.


So let's get one thing straight: I do not like, nor do I in any way generally endorse the reading of, the Boston Herald. I hate its snarky headlines. I loathe its self-congratulatory columnists. I despise the way it fawns over local politicians with mob ties. I don't like the Boston Globe, either, to be honest, but I really REALLY don't like the Herald. In general. However, I will say this: The Herald has great sports coverage. Much better than the Globe. (And, since it's tabloid format, you can always just flip to the back right away to see the sports section.) Today, there was an absolutely fantastic piece on none other than my Betrothed, Rick Ankiel himself:


http://news.bostonherald.com/editorial/view.bg?articleid=1017596



I love the reference to The Natural, which is a) a really obvious parallel and b) one of my FAVORITE movies. And, mostly, I just love to see my darling Rick getting good press. So read, and enjoy. Could Rick's incredible return be just in the nick of time (or maybe... the Rick of time? I hate myself.) to propel the Cards to the top of the NL Central? Only time will tell.

No comments: