Friday, August 3, 2007

This is bizarre

So I've been at work for 3 hours and thus far done nothing but read sports blogs. Whatever. Should you aspire to waste time at the epic levels I do, there's a crazy map up of how different baseball loyalties break down geographically here:

http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=3525

Needless to say, it's complete horseshit how small Yankees territory is... the Jerz is owned by those lousy pinstripers. Also, I think the map should be shaded somehow to represent fan density and/or intensity. For example, that whole Toronto region is really just a bunch of people eating french fries with gravy and waiting for hockey season to start. I doubt any of them have, say, a Lyle Overbay poster on their walls... thus their relatively large area of geographical dominance is visually deceptive when compared with, say, the localized but devoted nutters that are White Sox fans.

Back to "work," I guess. I promised my mom and sister (hooray for devoted readers!) that I would write about something other than sports, so I'll brainstorm something nice and rant-y later.

No comments: