Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lowell, just take the deal already

It shocks me, and yet intrigues me, to share with you this month's second piece of nudity/soccer-related news. A man in Duisburg, Germany, was standing trial for indecently exposing himself at a girls' soccer game. So, naturally, what does this bashful chap do in court? Strip.


'The court withdrew for deliberations and during the adjournment the man removed his clothes again,' said a spokesman for the court, in the western city of Duisburg.

'It appears he sees it as art, and views himself as a living work of art.'



The best part of that link is the little feature off to the side where you can read all sorts of different stories about "Weird Nudes." Best yet, this paper (a British tabloid, obviously, and yes I read those at work so don't judge) appears to have a series of stock nude photos that they enjoy trotting out. Good for them.



I am not particularly surprised that the above courtroom de-robing took place in Germany. I studied abroad in Munich, and let me tell you: those people have no qualms whatsoever about letting it all hang out. I used to try and study in the Englischer Garten and men would just wander over from the outdoor beer tents (yes, Germany is a great country) and play Frisbee in their thongs in front of me while I tried to read my Duerrenmatt and not stare at their ass cheeks. Hooray for nudity!



It really seems possible that "Nudity and Soccer" could become a regular feature.

No comments: