Monday, November 26, 2007

Ok one more thing


Apparently, some English singer I've never heard of did something embarrassing in a language I don't know at a soccer tournament I couldn't care less about when he accidentally mispronounced the lyrics to the Croatian national anthem:


Tony Henry belted out a version of the Croat anthem before the 80,000 crowd, but made a blunder at the end.

He should have sung 'Mila kuda si planina' (which roughly means 'You know my dear how we love your mountains').

But he instead sang 'Mila kura si planina' which can be interpreted as 'My dear, my penis is a mountain'.



"My dear, my penis is a mountain"? Please. If I had a nickel for every time that line got used on me -- particularly by those financial district weenies I inevitably find myself surrounded by when I go out in Boston -- I'd have a bunch of nickels that I could eat to make myself go blind (nope, no clip of the Family Guy episode I'm referencing because YouTube is, as previously discussed, a fascist state). Yeah. That's right. Also, I'm sad that the above picture was the most phallic-looking mountain I could find online. Damn you, Moderate SafeSearch!

No comments: