So in the off-chance that you're glancing at this during the Giants/Packers halftime, here's a suggestion to liven up the second half: The NFC Championship Drinking Game. The rules are fairly simple. All you have to do is take a sip of your libation of choice -- be it a delicious Harpoon Winter (mmm), a cup of hot chocolate (for the younger folks), your cosmo with a twist (Jeff Garcia), or the bitter tears of your own failure and shame (Peyton Manning) -- every time:
- Troy Aikman reminds you how cold it is in Green Bay.
- FOX shows footage from old Packers games.
- you find yourself applauding Eli Manning for executing a play that any professional quarterback should be able to... somehow it's more impressive when you don't expect it.
- Tom Coughlin's face looks even more purple than it did 5 seconds ago.
- Eli gets caught in the the pocket, yet still manages to avoid the sack.
- Plaxico Burress and Al Harris get in a fight.
- you inadvertently laugh when one of the announcers says "Hedgecock" (ah crap, I just laughed typing that).
- Brandon Jacobs gets taken down at the line of scrimmage.
- Eli Manning's chinstrap looks uncomfortably tight to you.
- Brett Favre shows grit and hustle, and you irrationally detest him for doing so.
That's what I got for now. Savor this day... there's only one more football game to watch after this, and then it's a long cold couple of months until baseball season (FINALLY) starts.
Oh yeah, there was another game today too, right? Who won that again?