Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fight!



Here's the Milan Lucic vs. Jarkko Ruutu (my goodness there are a great deal of superfluous letters there) fight from the Bruins-Penguins game tonight. What a great game. Bruins won 5-1 behind the stellar goaltending of Tim Thomas; this is the B's 5th straight win. What I really want to post, actually, is a video of this incredible goal P.J. Axelsson scored in the 2nd, but I can't find it anywhere. So we have fighting instead. Man I love hockey.


Also, it bears mentioning that Marian Hossa injured his knee last night and sat out the entire third period. No word on what his condition will be after today. It's been a rough season for the Penguins injury-wise, no question. At least the Pirates thrashed the Phillies 11-6 in the preseason game yesterday. This will undoubtedly be the only time this year that Pittsburgh types can actually look to the Pirates as a source of cheer and optimism, so I'd say go ahead and cherish this moment.

No comments: