Thursday, February 21, 2008

God Save the Fan, indeed


This is clearly going up a day later than it should -- I was actually so busy yesterday that I went the entire day without checking my email. I think the last time I went a full day without checking my email was when I was in Canada this summer. It's a rarity, indeed... anyway, the point is that I do feel it would be remiss of me not to mention that yes, I'm a huge dork, and yes, I went to hear Will Leitch read from his book on Tuesday night. The reading was funny and engaging, and a bunch of us went for pints at Game On afterwards. Leitch was very gracious, and it was loads of fun meeting so many other sports nerds and putting faces to some of the names I'm so used to seeing on Deadspin. (The best part of the night, of course, was having all those other sports geeks on hand to deconstruct KG's less-than-inspired comeback against Denver.)

And how, you might ask, did Leitch sign my book?

"Ankiel Forever," of course.

No comments: